the Account Director is ultimately responsible for client retention, securing client results, growing client account profitability, and expanding client business.
The Account Director is a key strategic leader on the Account Management team. The Account Director partners with clients and leads internal teams to uncover business needs and key objectives, craft appropriate strategies, and identify and recommend relevant services to help clients achieve goals. The Account Director assures that the agency delivers appropriate resources. Using solid business judgment and sound strategic thinking, he/she has the primary responsibility for setting the clients’ strategic direction and achieving growth and profitability for the client accounts.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
· Leads cross-capability teams to deliver and sell multichannel solutions that increase net revenue for clients year-over-year and to develop strategic annual and long-term (3-5 year) client growth plans, with projections.
· Responsible for quarterly and annual business reviews for clients.
· Monitors client programs and projections monthly by comparing actual results versus projections along with analysis to support marketing recommendations.
· Provides strategic counsel and leads contract negotiations.
· Manages income and profitability for all client accounts.
· Builds trusting, collaborative relationships with client and is perceived by the client as a business partner.
· Applies critical thinking to all fundraising and leadership activities, regardless of whether RKD provides solutions, to ensure they are in alignment with both client and agency objectives..
· May oversee hiring, training, motivating, and growing employees.
· Serves as the trusted voice of the donor by assimilating donor and market insights into the development of creative strategies and marketing programs.
Involved in new business growth and presentations with Partnership & Growth Team and SMarketing Team.
· Partners with Senior Leadership to set goals and plan for future fiscal year(s).
· Partners with SVP, VPs, Strategy Team, and Partnership & Growth Team to enhance the reputation of the agency through the development of thought leadership (i.e., writing and/or presenting case studies, agency documents, industry articles and conference presentations).
Education and Experience:
· Four-year degree required
· 10+ years account management experience
· 5+ years’ experience in CRM, and multichannel programs
· 3+ years’ experience leading a marketing team
· Nonprofit and fundraising experience, a plus
· Candidate must be open to travel as needed. Expectation could be 40%
· Microsoft office product skills
· Manage/update HubSpot or company product to manage inbound sales and marketing