It’s never too late to improve board performance.
THE BOARD ADVISOR
The most effective organizations are those with high-performing Boards working in partnership with a valued chief executive. My consulting program and assistance provides this principle to meet your needs.
My passion for helping others began over twenty years ago when I was a volunteer at a group home for girls in foster care. My experience includes a wide array of experience including assisting grassroots Boards to those with high-powered executives and elected officials. In addition, I am no stranger to serving myself and have been a board member of the National Association of Black Journalists (NABJ), and Young People Matter (YPM). Currently, I proudly serve on the board of DC Doors and the Southern Christian Leadership Conference (SCLC) - PG County, MD.
CONTACT SIMONE TODAY
If my awards, and hands-on experiences in my 20+ nonprofit career, are any proof, one would believe I am a leading authority, with extensive insight into the duties and responsibilities of a nonprofit Board of Directors.
My consulting also includes successfully motivating and helping nonprofits led by minorities and those seeking minority leaders to assist in their racial equality efforts.
When asked, What would you do for us? The answer varies, however, I will state I can offer expertise to turn around your nonprofit board, using my expertise in boardroom methodology and nonprofit governance. My services range from benchmarking against best practices to successful implementation.
National assistance: (301) 725-1572
Contact Simone: email@example.com today
SPECIALIZED 2020 YEAR-END SERVICES. PLAN TODAY.
MAINTAINING good governance
Fundamentals of Good Governance
- Board Structure and Practices
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Financial and Legal Oversight and Compliance (Did you know most board members cannot accurately state they are aware of what are the required state registrations or charity compliance).
- Conflict of Interest and ethical behavior.
- Insurance (When is the last time you checked the nonprofit's insurance which covers board members from personal liability of the nonprofit's conduct?)
Advancing the mission
Advancing the Mission
- Assessing Board Performance/Self-Evaluation - A formal self-assessment should be conducted every two years.
- Recruitment and Retention including board orientation.
- Strategic Planning
- Executive Director Recruitment and Review
- Executive Director/Board Relationship
RAISING REVENUE AND THE BRAND
Fundraising and Marketing
- Fund Development Planning
Legal Duties of a Board: