Simone Joye is a national award-winning philanthropy consultant, nonprofit leader, grant writer, and author.
Over a career spanning three decades, Simone has worked with an array of nonprofits, elected officials, entertainers, and individuals, including PSE&G, Radio One Atlanta, Boys & Girls Clubs, the Howard University Medical Alumni Association, NPower Maryland, the Jericho Project, the City Council of New York City, and the Piedmont Housing Alliance in Charlottesville, VA. Internationally, she has consulted with government officials in Bermuda and Ghana. Simone has also served as an expert panelist for the Forbes Nonprofit Council and as a grant reviewer for the US Elections Commission and the DeKalb County (GA) government.
An engaging presenter on the nonprofit sector and corporate partnerships, she has led grant writing, strategic planning, and board development for the NAACP (DeKalb County chapter) and the State of New York Department of Labor. Her volunteer service has included board service on the National Association of Black Journalists (NABJ), the Roddy White Foundation, the Prince George's Maryland Chapter of the SCLC, and DC Doors. Simone has also served as a Court-Appointed Special Advocate for the DeKalb County (GA) Juvenile Court and she is the creator and administrator of the Facebook groups (Nonprofit Jobs 6,000+ members) and The Basketball Parents Section: Outside The Locker Room.
In 2011, she ran for a seat in the Georgia Assembly to raise awareness of the plight of homeless, runaway, and sexually exploited youth in Atlanta. Several youth-serving agencies have adopted her street outreach and drop-in center program models, including the Covenant House of Georgia and NYC-based Hands That Make a Difference.
Simone is the author of Starting and Building an Awesome Nonprofit for a New Generation and The Parent's Section: Outside The Locker Room (Youth Basketball). She edited the suspense thriller, Private Betrayal by S.R. Chase.
Simone is a native New Yorker who has resided in Atlanta, New Jersey, and Maryland. She has a BA from Hunter College. Her current board service includes serving as the Education Director for Men's Basketball for the College Basketball Parent's Association (CBPA). She also works as the Director of Partnerships and Sponsorship for the Jr NBA Baltimore.
Simone's greatest blessings are her two children, A'Shey who graduated Magna Cum Laude from the City College of the City University and is a rising film director, and Chad, an elite college basketball player in the Atlantic 10 conference and among the top 30 in the nation for field goal percentages.
For her commitment to helping others succeed, Simone has received numerous awards and accolades,
· Special Congressional Recognition from Congressman Hank Johnson and the US House of Representatives
· Outstanding Georgia Citizen from State of Georgia Secretary of State
· Humanitarian Award from the Southern Christian Leadership Conference (SCLC)
· Norman Borlaug Humanitarian Award (MedAssets)
· John A. Matthews Community Service - Prince Hall Master Lodge No.99
· Be Greater Award from the Atlanta Hawks and SunTrust
· Thomas C. Wilson Youth Services Award from the NAACP-DeKalb County
· Woman of the Year by the Zeta Phi Beta Sorority
· Who's Who in Black Atlanta
· Outstanding Print Journalist award from Hunter College
· Scholarship awards: the New York Association of Black Journalists and the National Association of Black Journalists.