Simone Joye, CEO of S Joye & Associates. Simone is a national award-winning humanitarian, million-dollar fundraiser, and writer.
As a nonprofit and media communications consultant, Simone has worked on behalf of a myriad of nonprofits, elected officials, entertainers, and individuals, including PSE&G, Radio One Atlanta, Boys & Girls Clubs, the Howard University Medical Alumni Association, NPower Maryland, the Jericho Project, the City Council of New York City, and the Piedmont Housing Alliance in Charlottesville, VA. Internationally, she has consulted with government officials in Bermuda and Ghana. Simone has also served as an expert panelist for the Forbes Nonprofit Council and as a grant reviewer for the US Elections Commission and the DeKalb County (GA) government.
An engaging presenter on the nonprofit sector and corporate partnerships, she has led grant writing, strategic planning, and board development for the NAACP (DeKalb County chapter) and the State of New York Department of Labor. Simone has served on the boards of the National Association of Black Journalists (NABJ), the Roddy White Foundation, the Prince George's Maryland Chapter of the SCLC, and DC Doors. She is currently a Regional Ambassador for The College Basketball Parents Association (CBPA).
In 2011, she ran for a seat in the Georgia Assembly to raise awareness of the plight of homeless, runaway, and sexually exploited youth in Atlanta. Her street outreach and drop-in center program models have been adapted by several youth-serving agencies including the Covenant House of Georgia and NYC-based, Hands That Make a Difference. She is the author of Starting and Building an Awesome Nonprofit for a New Generation and The Parent's Section: Outside the Locker Room (December 2022). She edited the suspense thriller, Private Betrayal by S.R. Chase.
Simone is an avid basketball fan and comes from a family of "ballers." Her uncle helped expand the Holcombe Rucker League during the 1960s. Her son and niece currently play Division I basketball and her nephew was selected in the first round, the 16th pick of the 2022 NBA draft. Simone also coordinates group travel excursions under her LadyScape Travel and Ghana Travel Club for those seeking "luxury travel" on a budget. Trips have included: Bermuda, Turks & Caicos, Senegal, Ghana, St. Lucia, Mexico, and Paris.
Simone is a native New Yorker, who has also resided in Atlanta, New Jersey, and Maryland. She has a BA from Hunter College
For her commitment for helping others succeed, Simone has received numerous awards and accolades,
· Special Congressional Recognition from Congressman Hank Johnson and the US House of Representatives
· Outstanding Georgia Citizen from State of Georgia Secretary of State
· Humanitarian Award from the Southern Christian Leadership Conference (SCLC)
· Norman Borlaug Humanitarian Award (MedAssets)
· John A. Matthews Community Service - Prince Hall Master Lodge No.99
· Be Greater Award from the Atlanta Hawks and SunTrust
· Thomas C. Wilson Youth Services Award from the NAACP-DeKalb County
· Woman of the Year by the Zeta Phi Beta Sorority
· Who's Who in Black Atlanta
· Outstanding Print Journalist award from Hunter College
· Scholarship awards: the New York Association of Black Journalists and the National Association of Black Journalists.