Simone Joye is the CEO of S Joye & Associates. Simone is a visionary entrepreneur, writer, and nonprofit executive who has served as an expert panelist for the Forbes Nonprofit Council. Simone's nonprofit career includes serving as the Development Director for NPower Maryland, Executive Director of the Howard University Medical Alumni Association (HUMAA). CEO of a Boys & Girls Club and leading nonprofits in Atlanta, New York City, New Jersey, and Washington, D.C. where her fundraising skills have garnered over $50 million dollars and awareness for underserved communities.
In 2011, she ran for a seat in the Georgia Assembly to bring awareness to the plight of homeless, runaway, and exploited youth in Atlanta (it worked!). In 2017, she self-published, Starting and Building and Awesome Nonprofit for a New Generation.
Simone also coordinates group travel excursions, under her LadyScape Travel and Ghana Travel Club services for those seeking "luxury travel" on a budget. Trips have included: Bermuda, Turks & Caicos, Senegal, Ghana, St. Lucia, Mexico, and Paris.
Simone is a native New Yorker, who has also resided in Atlanta, New Jersey, and Maryland. She has a BA from Hunter College.
Recognized Leader For her unwavering commitment and passion for helping others succeed, Simone has received numerous awards and accolades, including the:
· Humanitarian Award from the Southern Christian Leadership Conference (SCLC)
· Norman Borlaug Humanitarian Award (MedAssets)
· John A. Matthews Community Service - Prince Hall Master Lodge No.99
· Special Congressional Recognition from Congressman Hank Johnson and the US House of Representatives
· Be Greater Award from the Atlanta Hawks and SunTrust
· Thomas C. Wilson Youth Services Award from the NAACP-DeKalb County
· Woman of the Year by the Zeta Phi Beta Sorority
· Who’s Who in Black Atlanta
· Outstanding Print Journalist award from Hunter College
· Scholarship awards: the New York Association of Black Journalists and the National Association of Black Journalists.